Cheesy and yummy Slow Cooker Hunters Chicken
This is a cheesy simple tasty recipe for the working family. Set and forget in the morning, finish when you get home from work.
Keeping the family healthy is an important dad job. This slow cooker Hunters Chicken is a nutritious and tasty recipe that feeds the family – and keeps them full!.
Cooking in the slow cooker is such a simple thing to do. It’s really easy and takes only a but of prep in order to have a tasty meal to great you when you come in from work at the end of the day.
Check out our other slow cooker meals which you can try in the one pot. These types of meals are useful for busy working family or those who don’t have time to spend making a large meal. A simple set and forget method can be achieved so easily with a slow cooker.
New to the market that also provide slow cooker options are the One Pot 7in1 cookers which as they say on the tin, can steam, pressure cook, slow cook plus much more.
Slow Cooker Hunters Chicken
- Slow Cooker
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Bacon medallions
- 100 g Cheddar Or reduced fat if you are being good
- 0.5 Onion diced
- 2 tsp Lazy Garlic
- 2 tins 400g Chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Schwartz Perfect Shake BBQ Classic Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vineger
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Mustard powder or Colmans mustard
- Take each chicken breast, wrap a bacon medallion around the middle and secure it with a cocktail stick.
- Set the chicken aside, then add all of the remaining ingredients into the slow cooker and stir well.
- Place the chicken on top and replace the lid. Cook on high for 2.5 – 3 hours (or low if you’re leaving it on all day).
- When the time is up check that the chicken is cooked. Remove it from the slow cooker and set aside.
- Blitz the sauce with a stick blender until smooth.
- Place the cooked chicken in an ovenproof dish and remove the cocktail sticks.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and top with cheese. Divide the cheese equally between all for chicken breasts.
- Place under a hot grill until the cheese is melted and a nice golden colour.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave me a comment and tell me how this recipe worked for you?